Zoom meetings are becoming a way of life, they are such an easy and practical to keep in touch with work colleagues, clients and suppliers. You can meet via video conference, share your screen to do a demonstration or conduct a learning session or provide a presentation. Even better, you can record the session to refer to it again later. All of this is available in the free version of zoom.
One frustration I often hear is that its time consuming to share zoom meeting recordings with others, particularly if you are conducting a number of meetings and needing to constantly share zoom meeting recordings.
Here is some simple step by step instructions on how to upload your zoom meeting recordings automatically to google drive, making it really easy to share the files with others.
How to add zoom meeting recordings to google drive automatically
1. Record locally and not in the cloud
2. Install backup and sync from google drive
3. Add the file location for recording as one that syncs with google drive. If you click settings and preferences, you will see My Computer, you can add extra folders to automatically sync.
4. To access these files remotely, once in google drive in a web browser, click computers and then the folders you have selected to sync for your recordings
Please note that this is not going to remove the file from your laptop but create a copy of the file in a cloud drive, so that you can share the file with your clients.
If you want to remove them from your laptop, you will also need to do the following to set up:
1. Create a Recordings folder in google drive web version.
2. In back up and sync, go to preferences and turn off sync for this folder, so it won’t copy back to your computer.
Once this folder is set up, each time you wish to add a file.
1. Open the web version of google drive, click computers and then the folders you have selected to sync for your recordings
2. Right-click on the file and then click add to google drive and select the new recordings folder. You will now have the file in your google drive
3. To enable you to delete the original file from your computer, you now must create a copy of the file. The copy will be in the cloud drive and the original can be safely be deleted.
The files will then be on google drive and you can delete the local version from your PC.
You already sync zoom recording but don’t wish to share the whole folder due to privacy
Once the files are in the cloud, they can be easily shared with other users.
Do you have one file to share?
If you are sharing just one file, for example sharing the recording with your client.
1.Using a web browser open google drive and find the file you wish to share.
2. Right-click on the file and click on Get Shareable Link.
3. Click sharing settings.
4. Choose Anyone with link can edit.
5. Copy and paste this link to share with your clients.
Do you have multiple files to share?
If you have multiple files to share, you need to create a folder, here’s how:
1. Create a new folder in your existing synced recordings folder.
2. Move any of the recordings from your main folder in google drive to this new folder.
3. Share the folder. Right-click on the folder and click on Get Shareable Link.
4. Click sharing settings.
5. Choose Anyone with link can edit.
6. Email this link.
Please note, you are sharing your copy of the file, so please don’t delete it or we the person you are sharing it with will lose access.
So how did you go?
Have you been able to set up your zoom meetings to automatically upload to google drive?
If you need assistance, automation is an area I love, please get in touch and we will work together to ensure the hassle of manually uploading and downloading zoom recordings is a thing of the past.