Meet Michelle Tolhurst, your virtual marketing assistant
Hi my name is Michelle Tolhurst, your virtual marketing assistant and I am the owner, director of Creative Desk Pty Ltd.
Creative Desk was established in December 2015, to provide support for small businesses as a virtual marketing assistant. In just over 12 months I have helped 15 businesses with their marketing, providing support both on short term and long term contracts.
I am based in Glenbrook NSW in the beautiful lower Blue Mountains, however I can assist businesses located right across Australia.
I have over 15 years experience in a corporate environment, specialising in marketing communications and event management. I’ve worked in all sizes of companies from small business to multi-national corporations. I have industry experience in training, professional services and financial services, with my focus in the past 10 years being clients in the food industry. I’m a self-starter who takes pride in my work. I demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure. I’m confident working in both teams or individually.
Bachelor of Arts, Western Sydney University – Studies in Marketing, Computing with a focus on design, Public Relations, Communications and Business
KEY COMPUTER SKILLS:
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint – Advanced User;
Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver;
Email Campaign Software experience, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Marketo, Exact Target;
CRM Experience – Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, and Pardot; and
Other skills, HTML experience, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Survey Monkey, Fluid Surveys.
For nearly four years I was a Marketing Executive at SAI Global, in the training side of the business. I was responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns for lead generation, these included email marketing, social media, print advertising, customer communications, sales collateral, direct mail, trade events and marketing automation campaigns. With a good computer background, I was the go to person for CRM database management and website maintenance. With a background in events, I also managed a range of events including conferences, training and webinars.
For nearly 6 years, I was the Marketing Manager at Advancing Food Safety, a food safety training company. This was a small business and I was the marketing department, managing the full marketing function. As with any small business you wear many hats, I implemented a new company website, a new CRM database system, designed and wrote all company promotional material plus was the onsite computer guru. A major part of my role was the event management of a major annual industry conference, including speakers, travel, trade exhibition, gala dinners, workshops, sponsorship and marketing for the event.
2001 –2005, Marketing Co-ordinator, State Super Financial Services
- Co-ordinate the production and development of company literature and promotional material. This included preparing creative briefs, proofreading, requesting quotes and negotiating costs, liaising with designers, printers and other suppliers with regards to production, paying accounts and managing the budgets.
- Co-ordinate the company’s advertising program in its various journals in the public sector and newspapers across metropolitan and regional NSW. This included liaising with designers for artwork, booking media, monitoring campaign progress, paying accounts and managing the budgets.
- Maintain the marketing sections of the company’s Internet and Intranet sites.
- Co-ordinate various events including training sessions and seminars.
- Provided assistance in maintaining the CRM database system.