As Maria in the Sound of Music famously said, or sung, “Let’s start at the…
Social Media is efficient in both cost and ability to reach a broad audience quickly. It is an important tool in your marketing strategy, but is most effective when used in collaboration with other marketing strategies.
Worldwide over 3 billion people engage in Social Media with Facebook being the top performer*. There are 20.5 million social media users in Australia alone*, with 89% of the population active internet users*, 44% Facebook user penetration* and 6 million Aussies using social media for online shopping*. Those figures are staggering, and indicate why investing in social media is a must for your business.
Not sure where to start, here is a quick snapshot when starting social media accounts, or getting back to it (if you have let yours laps over time).
- Think about your branding – colours, fonts, graphics. Your overall businesses look and feel all need to be working cohesively together to ensure new and loyal customers can easily pinpoint your business from the sea of social media images that appear daily.
- Introduce yourself – Think of it as a catch up with a friend who you haven’t seen in a while, make it equal parts business and personal, we connect better when we can relate to each other. Genuine feelings will always linger longer on the minds of your customers rather than a quick like and move on. When your followers increase, re-introduce yourself, add in some other quirky details that you hadn’t mentioned previously.
- It’s ok to toot your own horn! You are here to sell your business to the world. Don’t be shy, unashamedly point out why your business is what we have been waiting for in our lives, and how you are going to deliver on your product / service.
- Keep it regular – regular posting is a great way to stay top of mind. Utilising different techniques, whether it be Instagram stories, TikTok videos, posts to a page or an online competition – these are all great ways to engage with your social media community. You can utilise many free scheduling tools to make this process easier for your business.
- Interaction is key – if someone comments on your page, respond, it’s easy to do and shows other followers that you are present and engaging with your customers, which enhances trust.
Here at Creative Desk we love to look after all aspects of business marketing, so if you find yourself not loving all the marketing stuff, or you don’t have the time to focus on it, that’s exactly where we can help you.
Schedule an obligation free chat with us today.
*Statistics from Statista