If you are anything like me, you may feel a bit inferior when someone uses…
Are you triggered by social media? Not specifically in a negative ‘triggered’ sense, I’m referring to it as a response you may get when you see a post, or are interacting with an account and it makes you feel or want to do something since seeing it… a connection that you have had, a cause and effect type of situation?
I’m sure we have all felt it at one time or another, for example, watching those Dr Pimple Popper videos, the repulsion, but then also the desire to watch it to the end (or am I the only sicko who finds watching those kinda cathartic? – Actually, please don’t answer that!), you have a psychological reaction (sometimes even physical) to what you have seen , good or bad or anywhere in between!
What I want to focus on right now are the triggers that make us want to make a purchase. There are 5 main ones that you should target in any social media campaign, but also more importantly during a launch. Jeff Walker, author, creator of Product Launch Formula and top trainer to the world’s entrepreneurs also agrees. Whether it be a product or service, when you ensure you hone in on one of these triggers per post in your socials, expect results.
Remember over 75% of the world’s population over the age of 13 uses social media, and they are just waiting for you to show them what they need.
It’s intentional marketing, and you can start to use them across your own socials from today!
So, what are they?
- A desire for Growth – whether it be personal, financial or that all round glow you feel when you have achieved, those endorphins that are released are magic my friend. If you can show your customers that your product or service can help them achieve success let that be the motivator for them to add to cart but more importantly to actually check out!
- FOMO – Fear Of Missing Out is real, and it can be tapped into when you create something that is a ‘limited time offer’. Creating the ‘must get now’ urgency is easy to measure and also helps drive sales.
- Evidence-Based – Have you got evidence to show how great you are? Don’t be shy… SHOW IT! When possible include feedback from customers who have used your product or services. By doing so you are positioning your business as credible and creating trust within your online community. Testimonials, before and after shots, and reviews are all great ways to show this.
- Be the Expert – Showcasing your talents and positioning yourself as an expert is another way to stamp your authority and make known your presence in the area of expertise. Do not doubt yourself, your knowledge is of value and you should show it to the world.
- Reciprocate – we’ve been brought up to return favour, to ensure things are even for all. How does this relate to social media marketing, well if you include a bonus or a gift, it can motivate buyers to take action.
Here, I’ve put together an intentional marketing social media checklist, keep it handy for when you are creating your next posts.
So, leveraging just one of these triggers per post can enhance your connectivity to your audience and help drive sales for your business.
We are all for a well-rounded marketing approach for our clients, so if you need help with any of your marketing needs, we are the team you are looking for.
Book in a call with Michelle today and let’s get ready to launch you and your business.