As Maria in the Sound of Music famously said, or sung, “Let’s start at the…
Did you know that you can create a simple website with Canva?
Creating a website with Canva is simple, even for those with no design or website skills can get a website up and running.
Have you put off getting your own website because:
- it’s too expensive?
- it’s too hard to build your own website?
- you just don’t know how?
- you don’t have the time?
Stop! You can have your own website today! Build a simple website with canva.
Canva is a simple drag and drop design tool that enables everyone to create great looking graphics for their business.
A canva website does have it’s limitations and is ideal for:
- Businesses that are starting out and need a simple one-page website.
- Businesses with no website, as a starting platform into the online world.
- Businesses that may like to build landing pages for a specific product.
- Businesses that have a side hustle or hobby to showcase.
How do build a website with canva?
- Start with a free Canva account.
- Select a website template.
- Choose your own graphics, colours, fonts & logos.
- Publish your design as a website.
- Canva will display your website link, once you click publish. It will look something like canva.com/design/… then a series of letters and numbers.
- Once you have your website link from canva, I would recommend that you use Bitly.com to convert it to an easy to remember, short link for you to be able to share. For example
- Alternatively, purchase a domain name and forward your website to your domain.
- Easy to update, simply update in canva.
To make it even easier, why not buy a done for you template?
To demonstrate just how easy it is, I have created a one-page website with canva for my own business, on a new domain – check it out here Virtual Marketing Assistant.
If you would like this same design, purchase the one-page website canva template. It’s easy to use and will enable you to get your own website up and running in no time. I have also provided instructions on how to get the site working on your own domain, with your own website hosting, just like mine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add a shopping cart to a canva website?
No, if you require a shopping cart, I would recommend a WordPress website.
Can I add links to my canva website?
Yes you can add links to your canva website
Can I add google analytics to my canva website?
If you have your website on your own domain and website hosting, then yes you can add google analytics. If you are just forwarding your website, then you are unable to add google analytics.
Can I have multiple pages on my canva website?
It is possible to have multiple pages but I don’t recommend you do. If you have several pages required for your website, I recommend a WordPress website.
Can I add a blog to my canva website?
No, you cannot add a blog, I recommend a WordPress website if you wish to have a blog.
Do you have another question about a Canva website? Please email me and I’d be happy to assist.