Are you struggling to keep up with managing your social media accounts? Do you find…
All too often businesses decide that they need to do marketing when things start to slow down.
What they don’t realise is that marketing is a continuous activity. It is not a quick fix or bandaid solution that will quickly turn a struggling business around.
The role of marketing is to generate leads, usually for the sales team. Every lead that his generated is not going to result in a sale and it takes metrics, gained overtime to work out how many leads it takes to generate a sale.
Marketing takes time. Marketing is about building relationships and building trust in your company and brand. This is even more so if your product or service is a high-value item.
Why do marketing?
- To attract new clients, for any business to grow you always need new customers.
- To communicate with existing customers about new products or services.
- To remind potential customers what products and services you offer so that your business is one they remember when the time is right – top of mind recall.
- To build relationships, develop your name and brand as an expert in your area of expertise
Marketing is also another area that is commonly cut in times of financial stress. Everyone understands that businesses do need to make savings but the long term consequences of not marketing, will slow the business even more.
So what do I recommend?
Especially in small business – you get so busy running the business, that you don’t have time to work on the business.
1. Dedicate some time each week, to marketing for your business
2. Allocate some budget to marketing your business
3. Experiment with different ways of generating leads and showcasing your products or services.
If you need help with any aspect of your marketing, contact Creative Desk, we can discuss ideas and tactics to improve your business.